- 500g lean beef mince
- 500g sausage meat
- 1 cup (70g) fresh bread crumbs
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) milk
- ¼ red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (70g) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced beef stock
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan. Combine beef mince, sausage meat, breadcrumbs, brown onion, parsley, curry powder and egg in a bowl. Season well. Add milk and ¼ cup water and mix well. Using hands, shape into a loaf. Place in a small roasting pan and top with red onion wedges. Bake for 30 minutes
Meanwhile, cook potatoes in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 5 minutes, until par-boiled. Drain and set aside.
To make the barbeque sauce, heat oil in a pan on medium. Cook onion and garlic for 5 minutes, until soft and brown. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Season with salt. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until reduced by half.
Remove meatloaf from oven and drain off fat. Brush with half the barbeque sauce. Bake, brushing with sauce once or twice, for another 35 minutes, until cooked through.
Meanwhile, place potatoes and oil in a baking dish and toss to coat. Bake for 40 minutes, until golden and tender.
Serve sliced meatloaf with remaining barbeque sauce and roast potatoes
This recipe is from Australian Good Food – Winter Warmers