This recipe was given to me by a nutritionist. I have modified it slightly by adding extra rolled oats, bran flakes and fruit. I don’t add the protein why or the walnuts as I am not a big fan of these foods however, I have kept them in there as they may be your favourites.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 1 cup amaranth (super grain) available from health food stores and in the health food section at major supermarkets
- 1 cup whole linseed or ground LSA
- 1 cup slivered almond or raw almonds chopped
- 1 cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- ½ cup lecithin granules
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup psyllium husk
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup Protein supplements (soy and Whey)
- 1 cup cranberries or sultanas
This muesli combines many super foods that are well know for their health benefits. These food provide high levels of nutrients such as essential fatty acids including Omega 3, soluble fibres, essential amino acids, plant enzymes, natural anti oxidants, vitamins and minerals.