- 4 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon each oregano leaves and dried chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cos lettuce, quartered
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 100g pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g feta, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Place the chicken, oregano, chilli, half the garlic, 11/2 tablespoon olive, salt and pepper in a bowl and toss to coat. Heat a char-grill pan (normal frying pan will do) or barbecue over high heat. Char-grill or barbecue the chicken for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
Arrange the tomato, lettuce, cucumber, olives, parsley, feta and sliced chicken on plates. Whisk to combine the vinegar, remaining olive oil and garlic and spoon over the salad to serve.
This recipe is from the Donna Hay Magazine – October/November 2010 issue