- 3 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped (as an alternative use 1/2 – 1 teaspoon dried chilli)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 kg chicken breast, chopped
- 1 x 440g tin chick peas, drained
- 300ml tin coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped
Heat the ghee in a heavy based pan and gently fry the onion, garlic and chilli until soft. Add coriander, cumin, tumeric and garam masala and continue to cook for minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook until reduced to a thick paste.
Add chicken and cook over a medium heat until coloured. Stir in salt, chick peas and 150mls water and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Serve with steamed rice.