- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped.
- 1 white onion (sliced)
- 2 avocados
- 2 red capsicum
- 1 cup shredded iceberg or cos lettus
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas, to serve
Cut each breast into lengthwise strips. Combine chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice. Add chicken to the mixture and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Combine tomatoes and spring onion and season to taste. Cut avocados in half, slice and drizzle over extra lime juice to prevent browning.
Preheat a barbecue or frying pan to medium-high. Add capsicum and onions and cook for 4 minutes until tender, transfer to bowl and keep warm. On the barbecue or in the same frying pan cook chicken strips for 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Add the chicken strips to the capsicum and onion mixture. Spoon into tortillas and top with avocado and tomato mixture.