LEMON BASIL CHICKEN
- 3-4 chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
Combine chicken, garlic, juice, pepper and basil in a medium bowl.
Cook chicken, in batches, on heated oiled grill plate, brushing occasionally with marinade, until browned and cooked through. Cover, keep warm.
AVOCADO CAPRESE SALAD
- 4 large vine-ripened tomatoes (480g)
- 250g cherry bocconcini cheese
- 1 large avocado, halved
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Slice tomato, cheese and avocado thickly.
Arrange slices of tomato, cheese and avocado on serving platter; top with basil leaves, drizzle with combined oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
This recipe is from Christmas and Holiday Entertaining 2008 by Women’s Weekly