[blackbirdpie url=”whats4dinnermum.com.au”]Serves 4
This is a simple , delicious summer salad, making the most of sweet Australian ingredients at their seasonal peak. This salad also works well with duck, prawns or lobster.
- 1 free-range roast chicken (remove bones – skin optional – and slice meat)
- 2 firm mangoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways and sliced on the diagonal
- 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 4 French shallots, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 radicchio, sliced (or red witlof if you can get it)
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1 small handful mint leaves
- 2 green spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 100g (2/3 cup) macadamia nuts, roasted until lightly golden and sliced or roughly chopped
CHILLI LIME DRESSING
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- Juices of 2 limes
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
PREPARE THE DRESSING first. Combine all the ingredients in bowl and season with salt and pepper. It should be sharp and hot, with a nutty balance from the olive oil.
FOR THE SALAD, put all ingredients, except the nuts, in a blow, add the dressing and mix well. Divide the salad amoung 4 large plates, then sprinkle with macadami nuts, give a good grind of the fresh pepper and drizzle over any remaining dressing from the mixing bowl.
This recipe is from the Good Weekend Magazine and is by Neil Perry