- 3 long red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced (I have used 1/4 teaspoon dried chilli)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely sliced (I omitted this as I didn’t have any)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/3 cup (80mls) white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, timmed and halved lengthways ( I chopped mine into bite size pieces)
- 300g snake or green beans, finely chopped (I used broccoli)
- steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander leaves and lime to serve (I only had the coriander and lime)
Place the chilli, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, vinegar and sugar in a deep frying pan over high heat and cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is reduced and thickened slightly.
Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, add the beans and continue to cook for a further 3-4 minutes. or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve the chicken and beans with steamed rice, mint, basil and coriander leaves and lime wedges.
This recipe is from Fast, Fresh, Simple by Donna Hay