- 500g skinless chicken thighs, trimmed, chopped
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 eggwhite
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 sheet nori seaweeds, cut into strips (I didn’t bother with this)
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce or oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a tray with baking paper.
Combine the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
Whiz chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, zest, barbecue sauce, sugar and ½ teaspoon salt in a food processor for 1 minute or until completely smooth and sticky. Add the eggwhite and whiz to combine. Using damp hands, roll a heaped teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining mixture or until almost cooked through. .
Remove the tray from the oven. Brush half the sauce over the meatballs, sprinkle the tops with the sesame seeds, then return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
++ At this stage I cooked the chicken through and then brushed in the sauce over the meat balls and topped with sesame seeds and put them in a foil container and froze them. On the day of the party I defrosted the chicken balls in the morning and then reheated them in a preheated oven 180 for 10-15 minutes until golden.
This recipe is from Delicious Magazine December by Jill Dupleix