- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Small handful parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves very thinly sliced
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 x 180g firm white fish fillets, such as ling, snapper, Pollack or organically farmed cod
- Mashed potatoes
- Butterhead lettuce salad
Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof flameproof dish (with a lid) over a medium heat. Add the onion and parsley, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook, stirring for a further 1 minute.
Add the chopped tomatoes, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
Add the fish to the dish, pushing the pieces into the tomato mixture. Put the lid on and cook in the oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and a lettuce salad.
This recipe is from Feed Me Now by Bill Granger