- 2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60mls) light olive oil
- 12 French-trimmed lamb cutlets
- Handful coriander leaves
- Handful mint leaves
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250mls) coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 2/3 cup (100g) coarsely chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
For the satay sauce, heat 1/2 cup (125mls) coconut cream in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 6-7 minutes or until cream has split and most of the water has evaporated. Reduce heat to medium, add curry paste and fry, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant and paste loses its rawness. Add peanuts, sugar, tamarind paste and remaining 1/2 cup (125mls) coconut cream, and cook for 2-3 minutes until thoroughly combined but still saucy. Set aside.
Whisk the turmeric, sugar, 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon sea salt together in a shallow dish. Add lamb cutlets and set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
Preheat a chargrill pan to medium-high and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Grill the lamb cutlets for 3 minutes on each side or until crusty on the outside, but still pink in the centre.
Transfer to a platter and scatter with herbs and onion. Serve with satay sauce, a green salad and steamed rice.