- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass paste or fresh lemon grass, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons green Thai curry paste
- ¼ pint (150ml) fish/chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 6 tablespoon coconut cream
- 20 large raw prawns, peeled
- 3oz/75g snow peas, topped and tailed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
Heat oil in a pan and fry onions, garlic, lemon grass paste of fresh lemon grass until soft (not brown). Add green pepper strips and toss around for a minute or so. Stir in green curry paste and cook for a further minute. Pour over stock and add coconut cream. Bring to bubbling and add prawns and snow peas. Cook until prawns are pink. Season with salt and pepper, add basil and serve immediately.
Serve with steamed rice.