- 350g/31/2 cups Rolled oats
- 30g/1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 50g/1/2 cup Flaked almonds
- 45g/1/2 cup Wheatgerm
- 30g/1/4 cup Sesame seeds
- 35g/1/3 cup Sunflower seeds
- 55g/1/4 cup Chopped dried apricots (or cranberries are good)
- 185ml/3/4 cup Honey
- 55g/1/4 cup firmly packed soft brown sugar
- 125ml/1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat the oven to 130C/250F/Gas 1. Lightly grease and line a 35 x 25 cm (14 x 10 inch) tin. Put the oats, coconut, almonds, wheatgerm, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and apricots in a bowl.
Put the honey, sugar and oil in a small pan and stir over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Pour this over the dry ingredients in the bowl and stir until everything is well combined, mixing with your hands if necessary.
Press the mixture into the tin and bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into bars while still warm.
This recipe is from Every Day by Bill Granger